What's Going on at LLBCL – June 21st
- Time Stamps: The Art of Relief art exhibition runs from June 21-August 27 at the main branch. This exhibition includes 60 artworks, created in various art media from arts students and instructors from Portage College, the University of Alberta, and Sapporo Otani University in Japan. The art pieces reflect a time during the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic. Press release - http://ow.ly/2NxC50Fg4FB
- The Lac La Biche County Libraries main branch is once again open to the public while the Plamondon Municipal Library is now offering curbside pickup. Computer usage is still by appointment only, so call 780-623-7467 to book a time.
- TELUS Smart Hubs are now available for loan at both locations. These units can be checked out for a month and have 1 TB of data suitable for checking emails and quick look ups. Thank you to TELUS for supplying these units to the Lac La Biche County Libraries for community members to use at no cost.
- We are planning both in person and virtual events this year for our Summer Reading Club. Here is the list of free activities: Lightboard Guessing Game, Hungry Hungry Hippos, Trivia, Life Size Pac-Man, Pin Ball, Scattergories, Yardzee, Jenga and Large Yard Games and SRC End Party. Visit https://www.llbcl.ca/programs/td-summer-reading-club for more information. Video program highlights are now available on our YouTube Channel. More programming offered by NLLS Member Libraries will be listed shortly including Pokémon and Harry Potter Wizard Unite challenges, trivia nights, and more.
- Our YouTube channel is the place where you can view our RighT at Home sessions featuring Joanne showcasing songs, stories, rhymes, crafts and activities using common household items. New episodes will resume in late September and links will be posted on our website https://www.llbcl.ca/programs/early-literacy and social media platforms.
- Lac La Biche County Libraries will be closed on Thursday July 1st to celebrate Canada Day. We will reopen on Friday at 9am. We thank you for your understanding.
Audio version - http://short.llbcl.ca/Jun2121