What's Going on at LLBCL – May 23rd- June 4th
Art Exhibition: From Prints to Paintings features studio artworks from art students at J.A. Williams High School and Portage College. This exhibit is on display from May 4th through June 3rd with a closing event on Thursday, June 1st from 6-8pm at our main branch, the Stuart MacPherson Public Library.
The Lac La Biche County Libraries Summer Literacy Program offers 7-10 free virtual or in person literacy tutoring sessions to children currently in grades K to 5. Sessions will take place during the months of July and August. There are a limited number of spots available, but we hope to serve as many students as possible. If you would like your child to be a part of this program, complete the online form before Wednesday, May 31st. If you have any questions about this program, contact the main branch at 780-623-7467.
Stay tuned for all the details on the Summer Reading Program including a new app to track your families reading during July and August. Here are a few highlights:
- Pen Pals Program registration is now open
- Monthly in-house scavenger hunts
- Tale Trails at FCSS events in Plamondon and Lac La Biche
- Four Take and Make Kits (2 each month)
Dates to remember:
- Âcimowin Art Exhibit from Madeline Belangeron - June 7th-30th
- Main branch closed due to Staff training – Friday, June 16th
- Escape Room – Thursday, September 28th and Friday, September 29th from 4-8pm
- Library Con – Saturday, January 6th from 11-3:30pm
- 2024 LEGO Competition – Saturday, February 3rd from 11-3pm
- 2024 Ladies Nights - Friday, February 23rd (online) and Friday, March 22nd (in person)