Skip to main content
Rural Library Corner Blog
- We are a registered charity whose major funding comes from Lac La Biche County and we receive an annual grant from the provincial government.
- We provide access to over 4.5 million items through the TRAC system.
- You can access ALL Alberta public libraries by signing up for ME Libraries.
- You can check out books from other public libraries in Alberta and then return them to us and vice versa.
- We are a part of the Northern Lights Library System and have two branches (Stuart MacPherson Public Library & Plamondon Municipal Library in École Plamondon), plus pop-up locations.
- The library is always seeking volunteers to help with regular library tasks, special events, and projects.
- We have an audio recording studio which will be available for loan in 2023. While we have recorded audio books for National Network for Equitable Library Service, it can be used by community groups at no cost.
- At the main branch we have a Virtual Reality System (13+), Nintendo Switch, and Xbox systems with select games that the public can play onsite.
- There are two games tables available at our main branch that enable people to come hangout, and play chess, checkers or backgammon.
- Computer, Internet access and scan to e-mail services are available at no charge. Note that there are fees for faxing, printing, and photocopying.
- The toys in our play area at our main branch are suitable for infants and we sanitize them regularly.
- Library Tours and special programs (including off site) are available throughout the year and can include but not limited to sleepovers, Internet Searching presentations, Escape Rooms and Library Con.
- The library accepts donations of all kinds to our library. We will provide you with a donation tax receipt at the end of each taxation year for donated materials. See https://www.llbcl.ca/about-us/donations for more information.