What's Going On at LLBCL (July 29 - Aug 5)
Posted on Friday July 26, 2019 at 09:53AM
Summer Hours now in effect. The main branch will be closed on Saturdays during the months of July and August while the Plamondon location will be open from 9-4pm on Wednesdays during July only. The main branch will also be closed on Monday, August 5th to celebrate the civic holiday. Our book return bin will remain open for your convenience.
Aakii isskska’takssin (Woman-thought) TREX Art Exhibit will be on display at the main branch from July 29th through August 21st. This is a photography series designed to expand the interpretation of story within contemporary art practice of artists with Blackfoot heritage. The work of these women artists aims to foster a deeper public awareness of the complexities of Indigenous identity and the voices of these emerging artists: Marjie Crop Eared Wolf, Star Crop Eared Wolf, and Sarah Russell. This exhibition sets out to develop a new literacy of visual culture and invites a fresh perspective on Indigenous story. The works in the exhibition seek to reflect on the ways in which Blackfoot history intersects with contemporary thought, as the question of modern identity has become fluid and fluctuating.
TD Summer Reading Club registration is now underway. You can visit the main branch to receive your reading club package. For those who do not need the full package, please complete the online form on our homepage under the quick links entitled “2019 TD Summer Reading Club Registration”. (https://llbcl.wufoo.com/forms/r15l6a0v10307dq/)
TD Summer Reading Club Events:
• National Film Board – Thursday, August 1st at 2pm. Come see the list of complied films suitable for this year’s TD Summer Reading Club.
• Alberta Trappers Association – Join us on Thursday, August 15th at 2pm to learn about Alberta's rich trapping history, as well as the importance of trapping.
• Summer End Party – Thursday, August 29th at 2pm. Come celebrate all our hard work and reading accomplishments. Food and drink will be provided.
Author: Lac La Biche County Libraries
Comment on our article:
Posts By Date
- Library Programs
- What's Going on at LLBCL
- 13 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do with Your FREE Library Card
- What's going on at LLBCL
- 13 Things You Didn’t Know About Lac La Biche County Libraries
- Civic Holiday & Summer Hours
- What's Going On at LLBCL (Aug 6 - Aug 9)
- What's Going on at LLBCL (July 22-27)