What's Going on at LLBCL
Posted on Monday June 24, 2019 at 10:37AM
The Main Branch will be closed on Monday, July 1st to celebrate Canada Day. Our outdoor book drop will remain open for your convenience.
Summer Hours starting soon! The main branch will be closed on Saturdays during the months of July and August while the Plamondon location will be open from 9-4pm on Wednesdays during July only.
We can hardly wait to partner with FCSS on our next Escape Room to be held on Friday, December 6th from 12-7pm for ages 10 and up entitled 80s Radical Escape Room. We are in search of 80s video game units, computers, 3.5 floppy disks and other vintage items for this event. Please contact the main branch at 780-623-7467 for more details.
Lac La Biche County Libraries are excited to announce Lynda.com to the list of e-Resources. To access it all you will need a valid library card which is free. Click on the following link to start exploring today - https://www.lynda.com/portal/sip?org=nlls.ab.ca. If you need assistance, call the need main branch at 780-623-7467. Note this is a brand-new resource so our staff will be exploring this database right along side you.
RISE: Living Well on Retirement Income will be held on Wednesday, June 26th from 6:30-7:30pm. Participants will learn ways to increase income, reduce expenses, and live on a retirement income without having to rely on credit to get by. Presented by Mark Kalinowski, Financial Educator, Credit Counselling Society.
You are invited to visit the main branch during the month of June to view the Art Club’s display. If you wish to display your art and crafts in the library, please contact the main branch at 780-623-7467 and speak to the Administrative Assistant for more information.
TD Summer Reading Club registration is now underway. You can visit the main branch to receive your reading club package. For those who do not need the full package, please complete the online form on our homepage under the quick links entitled “2019 TD Summer Reading Club Registration”. (https://llbcl.wufoo.com/forms/r15l6a0v10307dq/)
TD Summer Reading Club Events:
• Motivational Magic – Wednesday, July 10th at 10am in Plamondon & 2pm at the main branch
• Rock Painting - Thursday July 11th at 2pm
• Nature Walk – Thursday July 25th at 2pm at Sir Winston Churchill in the day use area.
• National Film Board – Thursday, August 1st at 2pm
• Alberta Trappers Association – Thursday, August 15th at 2pm
• Summer End Party – Thursday, August 29th at 2pm
Author: Lac La Biche County Libraries
Comment on our article:
Posts By Date
- Library Programs
- What's Going on at LLBCL – Feb 18th Edition
- Safe Place Program Coming to Our Community
- Cancellations Plamondon Branch & Rhyme Time
- What's Going on at LLBCL – Feb 10th Edition
- What's Going on at LLBCL – Feb 4th Edition
- Scholastic Book Fair - March 11th thru March 23rd at Plamondon Branch
- What's Going on at LLBCL – Jan 28th Edition
- Lac La Biche County Libraries Annual Review for 2019