Pop-Up Library Locations
The Remote Circulation Services provides a wide range of library materials to residents of Lac La Biche who are unable to get out to the library or make use of its services on their own. The service points in Lac La Biche County are the Heritage Centre, Festival Center in Plamondon and Kohls School.
Festival Center in Plamondon - Tuesdays at 10:30am
2019 - June 11th
|September 24th||February 25th|
|October 8th||March 10th|
|October 22nd||March 24th|
|November 12th||April 14th|
|November 26th||April 28th|
|December 10th||May 12th|
|January 28th||May 26th|
|February 11th||June 9th|
Heart Lake First Nation at the Kohls School on Wednesdays 10-1pm
2019 - June 12th & 26th (pick up only)
|September 18th||February 5th & 19th|
|October 16th||March 4th & 18th|
|November 20th||April 1st & 29th|
|December 4th & 18th||May 6th & 20th|
|January 8th & 22nd||June 3rd & 17th|
* This location follows the school calendar, closed on statutory holidays and is weather dependent.
Heritage Center - Wednesdays at 11:30am
|October 9th||February 12th|
|October 23rd||February 26th|
|November 6th||March 11th|
|November 27th||March 25th|
|December 11th||April 15th|
|January 15th||May 13th|
|January 29th||May 27th|
To qualify for this service you must:
- Have a valid Lac La Biche County Libraries membership
- Have access to one of the service points
- Be a resident of Lac La Biche County or Heart Lake First Nations.
Our library staff will select the materials based on the expressed interests. These materials will be delivered to each location monthly and loans/requests will be collected at this time.
You may borrow:
- Regular and Large Print Books
- Paperbacks and Magazines
- Books in Other Languages
- Music CDs
- Selected DVDs
- Audio Books
- Daisy Books and Daisy Readers* Available to those that cannot read print due to a visual or physical illness.
This service is convenient and best of all it is included in the price of your library membership. For more information or suggestions for additional service points, please contact 780-623-7467.
Have difficulty reading print?
If you have trouble reading print because of a visual, physical or learning disability the Stuart MacPherson Public Library offers lots of other ways to read.
As a member of CELA, we offer:
- Titles for all ages in audio, e-text and braille
- More than 85,000 books, magazines and newspapers
- Materials in English and French, with expanding access to other languages
We also have access to the National Network for Equitable Library Service (NNELS) is a repository of content owned and sustained by Canadian public libraries, working with international partners, libraries, readers, and publishers (particularly Canadian ones) to make copies of books in accessible formats available to readers in Canada who have print disabilities.
To find out more, please contact us at 780-623-7467.