Did you know?
Posted on Monday August 21, 2017 at 11:12AM
You may not know it - but your Lac La Biche County Library cards come with some great benefits. The most obvious is being able to check out books, graphic novels, DVDs and more from any TRAC library. Your card can also be used to access the ME Libraries service which enables you to checkout materials from EPL (for example) and return these items to your local branch at no extra cost. With our library cards being free to residents of Lac La Biche County, you can pay nothing to access online subscription services and databases. I have listed only ten of our resources one can access with a valid library membership.
1. Ancestry Library Edition provides unparalleled coverage of the United States and the United Kingdom, including census, vital, church, court, and immigration records, as well as extensive record collections from Canada and other areas. One can only access to this database by using our public computers.
2. Explora Primary is designed specifically for elementary school students providing access to articles, facts from magazines and reference books for research papers, class projects or homework.
3. Freading allows local library members to download eBooks straight to your PC, iOS and Android devices.
4. Hoopla is a streaming service that offers thousands of audiobooks, albums, movies, and TV shows that can be enjoyed on your PC, tablet, or phone. Create a free account and start today! Note: There is currently a limit of 5 checkouts per account per month.
5. Mango Languages can help you learn a new language, quickly and easily, at home or in the library. Mango Languages provides you with training modules to help you learn French, Spanish, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian and more. They even have English second language tutorials for several different language backgrounds.
6. Overdrive enables library members to download eBooks and audiobooks straight to your PC, iOS and Android devices.
7. Press Display is the world’s largest online newspaper and magazine kiosk, offering instant access to over 2000 publications from 95 countries in 52 languages.
8. Teen Health and Wellness provides middle and high school students with nonjudgmental, straightforward, curricular, and self-help support. Topics covered include diseases, drugs, alcohol, nutrition, mental health, suicide, bullying, and more.
9. Tumblebooks provides access to animated picture books online.
10. Zinio allows Library members have access to 49 magazines and users are required to create a free account to access Zinio. With the release of the new Zinio for Libraries it is even easier to access magazines.
Author: Lac La Biche County Libraries