Library Programs and Services
Posted on Monday August 14, 2017 at 09:46AM
This week is your last chance to drop by the main branch to view the latest TREX art exhibit entitled “Wayfinders”. It contains of art from the following artists:
• World renowned artist George Littlechild who has spent a career exploring the secrets and inconsistencies of our history, specifically in regard to identity, family and the ongoing affects of the Residential School legacy.
• Paul Smith’s purposefully naive landscapes, trickster characters and symbols can be difficult to decipher.
• Amy Malbeuf from Rich Lake, Alberta is an emerging performance and sculptural artist whose works push the boundaries of modernism while strengthening her ties with her indigenous roots.
The exhibition Wayfinders is a combination of these three unique talents. From a world master, to a mid career painter and an emerging artist exploring new directions, viewers are treated to a unique and compelling exhibition that hopefully will stay with them for years to come.
Celebrate Canada’s 150 with the 2017 TD Summer Reading Club. Whoever reads the most titles in July and August will have a chance to win exciting prizes. Reading logs are available at the main branch or you can submit the online form by August 31st.
Events on Wednesdays from 2-4pm:
• Pokémon Go Festivities - August 16th
• Summer End Party – August 23rd
You may not know it - but your Lac La Biche County Library cards come with some great benefits. The most obvious is being able to check out books, graphic novels, DVDs and more from any TRAC library. Your card can also be used to access the ME Libraries service which enables you to checkout materials from EPL (for example) and return these items to your local branch at no extra cost. With our library cards being free to residents of Lac La Biche County, you can pay nothing to access online subscription services and databases.
Author:Lac La Biche County Libraries