Remote Circulation Services
The Remote Circulation Services provides a wide range of library materials to residents of Lac La Biche who are unable to get out to the library or make use of its services on their own. The service points in Lac La Biche County are the Heritage Centre, Festival Center in Plamondon and Kohls School.
We will be at the Heritage Center on Wednesdays at 11:30am
- May 9th
- May 23rd
We will be at the Festival Center in Plamondon on Wednesdays at 11:30am during our Roaming Rhyme Time Program.
- March 13th
- March 27th
- April 10th
- April 24th
- May 8th
- June 12th
We will be at the Heart Lake First Nation at the Kohls School on Wednesdays from Sept.-June.
* This location follows the school calendar, closed on statutory holidays and is weather dependent.
To qualify for this service you must:
- Have a valid Lac La Biche County Libraries membership
- Have access to one of the service points
- Be a resident of Lac La Biche County or Heart Lake First Nations.
Our library staff will select the materials based on the expressed interests. These materials will be delivered to each location monthly and loans/requests will be collected at this time.
You may borrow:
- Regular and Large Print Books
- Paperbacks and Magazines
- Books in Other Languages
- Music CDs
- Selected DVDs
- Audio Books
- Daisy Books and Daisy Readers*
*Available to those that cannot read print due to a visual or physical illness.
This service is convenient and best of all it is included in the price of your library membership. For more information or suggestions for additional service points, please contact 780-623-7467.
Have difficulty reading print?
If you have trouble reading print because of a visual, physical or learning disability the Stuart MacPherson Public Library offers lots of other ways to read.
As a member of CELA, we offer:
- Titles for all ages in audio, e-text and braille
- More than 85,000 books, magazines and newspapers
- Materials in English and French, with expanding access to other languages
We also have access to the National Network for Equitable Library Service (NNELS) is a repository of content owned and sustained by Canadian public libraries, working with international partners, libraries, readers, and publishers (particularly Canadian ones) to make copies of books in accessible formats available to readers in Canada who have print disabilities.
To find out more, please contact us at 780-623-7467.